Sunday, October 17, 2010

See you at the finish line!

NOTE: I am writing this before the marathon and having it post at 8 am on October 17th, 2010 -- when the race gun goes off.

-------------------
First of all, thank you all so much for your support -- kind words, prayers, donations, etc.!! (You can still donate, HERE.) As I run today, I will be thinking about how far I have come and how much support I have had during my journey. (full story of the journey)

One year ago today, I ran my first half marathon with Allison!


At mile 10, I encountered the worst side cramping I have ever had. Allison got me through those last few miles, and I swore I would never run a full marathon. But alas...

In a few hours, I will have completed my first 26.2 mile race. (follow along using the course map) As a result, my life will be changed forever. I do not know how yet, but I know it will be. I just know it.

And I am sure that I will not be able to do it without this lovely lady running by my side!


B, you are my unexpected gift today. I expect you to push me. Though, not too hard. ;) I expect you to get me through the pain and all of the other feelings I am going to have. And most of all... I expect a GIANT hug at the finish line!!!

I am ready to say GOODBYE to...

  1. doubt
  2. fear
  3. anxiety
  4. nerves
  5. uncertainty
  6. good enough
  7. cynicism
  8. pain
  9. arrogance
  10. overconfidence
  11. giving up
  12. the easy way out
  13. obstacles
  14. pessimism
  15. comfort zone
  16. apathy
  17. cramping
  18. coasting
  19. ego
  20. struggle
  21. demons
  22. weakness
  23. limitations
  24. previous best
  25. disbelief
  26. OLD ME

And hello to...

THE FINISH LINE!!!!

Wish me luck. Pray for me. It's going to be a long run! :)

1 comment:

  1. You rock, E!!!!!!! I wish I could have been there to give you a humongous hug, too!!!! I am praying for you all day!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Upcoming Events