Protein is vital if you want to build and keep muscle mass while you workout. Though it is best to get all of your protein from food, some people use protein shakes to supplement their needs. I try to get 90 to 120 g of protein per day, which is A LOT. However, it is also totally doable if you know what to eat. Some of my favorite things include non-fat dairy products (Greek yogurt, skim milk, fat-free cottage cheese), nuts (sliced almonds, natural peanut butter), and chicken (lots of chicken!). Sometimes, I do not have time to make a really big meal or I just need something to help sooth the muscle shakes after an intense lifting session. In that case, I reach for a cup of skim milk, 2 tsps of creatine, and a scoop of protein powder!
You can blend it all up using one of these Blender Ball cups, but I typically use a magic bullet.
My current favorite shake: 1 banana, 1 scoop chocolate powder, 1 tbsp all natural peanut butter, 1 cup skim milk, and fill cup with ice. BLEND AND ENJOY!
No comments:
Post a Comment