Monday, March 26, 2012

Biggest Loser: 8 weeks.

I met with the personal trainer today to get some measurements taken.  Wednesday marks 8 weeks into the Biggest Loser program at work.  So, this is the 55 day mark.  Anyway, I am doing very well!  :)

BMI: 31.99 to 29.22 (-2.77)
Weight (lbs): 210.4 to 192.2 (-18.2)
Weight Lost as a %: 8.65
Chest Circumference (in): 44.5 to 41.5 (-3.0)
Abdominal Circumference (in): 43 to 39.75 (-3.25)
Hip Circumference (in): 46.25 to 42.5 (-3.75)
Gluteal Fold (in): 27 to 26 (-1.0) <-- a.k.a. "thigh"
Arm Circumference (in): 13.5 to 13.5 (-0.0) <--  But...  I have GUNS now!
Omron/IR Kisok Body Composition (%): 35.1 to 33.1 (-4.0)
Lean Body Mass (lbs): 136.54 to 132.43 (-4.11)
Fat Mass (lbs): 73.85 to 59.77 (-14.08)


What does all of that mean?  Well, I am shrinking!  Check out those measurements.  Heck yeah!

BMI > 30 = Obese.  So, I am now "overweight".  BMI is not a really great way to measure yourself for reasons I will spare you at this time.  However, a BMI < 30 is a good indication that your risk factor for various health issues has dropped.

I lost 11 inches (across 5 measurements) in 8 weeks.  That's pretty awesome!

-4% body fat in 8 weeks.  Again...  AWESOME!

I lost about 1 lb of lean mass for every 3.5 lbs of fat mass.  That is almost the ideal ratio of 1:4.  ROCK ON!

Also, the trainer measured my skin folds, which is the most accurate measurement aside from a tank of water and other more invasive techniques.  However, that other technique with the handheld device is accurate to itself.  Plus, the trainer will not do skin fold measurements until you hit a BMI of 30 due to inaccuracies that occur.  Anyway...  I am actually 27.78% body fat!

Body fat with skin fold: 27.78%
Lean Body Mass (lbs): 138.79
Fat Mass (lbs): 53.4

We used my current stats to calculate my next goal...

Let's say I lose 3 lbs of lean mass and 4% of body fat...

NEXT GOAL:
Weight (lbs): 192.2 to 178 (-14.2)
Body Fat (%): 28 to 24 (-4.0)
Goal Date: 7 weeks or May 14th

Next Measurements Appointment(s):
May 9th
June 4th

No comments:

Post a Comment

Upcoming Events