Tuesday, April 27, 2010

9:27

A few days ago, I ran a 9:35 min/mile pace with Katie over 5 miles while talking the WHOLE time. That was INSANE considering I was running that pace when I felt like I was being killed...

Yesterday, neither Katie nor myself really wanted to put in a 5 mile run, but we knew we needed to do it. So, we met up to run with each other on the west side of town. We are both glad that we did!

Despite some grumbling, tired/sore legs, mental exhaustion, and 20 mph winds, we completed the 5 miles in record timing!

9:27 min/mile pace

And... It felt GOOD!

Granted, I have ran faster then that in the past during a race, but there is the extra race day adrenaline pumping. So, this is encouraging news, especially since I just read that the best way to achieve a half marathon race day pace is to run that pace for 5 mile runs!

Perhaps, we will achieve a 10 min/mile pace after all!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Upcoming Events