Sunday, June 6, 2010

410 miles plus.

Grand Rapids 2010 Marathon training is going to officially begin on June 21st! :) This is perfect since the Warrior Dash is on the 19th. YAY!!!!

Anyway, I bought a book titled "4 Months to a 4 Hour Marathon" a few weeks ago. It is sort of funny considering I am in the 4:45 corral. At least, I can follow the 4:00 plan and see what happens! :)

Care to join me?! :)
------------
EXAMPLE TRAINING PLANS

Hal Higdon's Novice I


Hal Higdon's Intermediate I


4 Months to a 4 Hour Marathon

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering how and when your marathon training was going/had begun! Love the plans! Thought I will tell you that one of my high school friends (who is a speedy runner and has been doing marathons for several years) recently sent a PR of 4:30. For a first marathon, your best goal is finishing. You can go for speed the next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am well aware that 4 hours is INSANE. However, I need something to shoot for! Between 4:45 and 4:00 is the most likely time.

    4:30 is super fabulous!! GOOD FOR HER!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, and just in case, here's a runner's world calculator for estimating your marathon time from other distances: http://runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=6765

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I have seen those. Assuming I do not improve or get worse, I should be around 4:45. Thus, that is my upper limit. 4 hours is my pipe dream. I have to have something to shoot for though! Besides, I am training with that plan. So, I will just use that as a goal time. Though, "4 hours" could be "4 hours and X minutes".

    ReplyDelete

Upcoming Events